Manav Kartavya, a NGO for needy people based in Satellite Ahmedabad, is presenting these harsh facts of the world that emphasize the need for every fortunate human being to do their bit in enlightening the lives of underprivileged.
- In developing countries, one in four children lives in extreme poverty. A recent UN report said nearly 300 million people still live under poverty in India.
- Across the globe, approximately 15% of the world’s population – 980 million people – lives in extreme poverty.
- Currently, In India as the law stands, children under the age of 14 are not allowed to work in only 18 occupations and 65 processes that are deemed to be hazardous. However, India is home to the highest number of working children – out of 150 million children around the globe – in the world.
- More than 1 in 3 women in India and over 60% of children in India are anemic.
- No doubt, According to the statistics, the prevalence of underweight children declined from 49.2% in 1990 to 30% in 2013. But, still India is home to 194.6 million undernourished people, the highest in the world, according to the annual report by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
- 1 in every 5 adolescent boys is malnourished, 1 in every 2 girls in India is undernourished. In short, 1 in every 3 malnourished children in the world lives in India.This is why Improving economic household security is an absolute priority for those living on the margins of survival from Manav Kartavya’s point of view.
The activities we aim to work are
- Providing Simple yet nutritious meals to needy.